Press Release String Wars: Guitar Hero for Real Guitar
String Wars: Guitar Hero for Real Guitar – 30,000 Downloads in 3 Days
March 26, 2013 in Music
[prMac.com] Bangalore, India – Aynur Tech LLP announces String Wars 2.5 for iOS. String Wars is a beautiful and exciting new app in the iTunes store that aims at making guitar learning more fun and effective. It lets users play a guitar-hero type game using a real guitar. This is done using the latest sound technology to identify the notes played on a guitar just by listening to the music. The app allows the users to use their own guitar-pro tabs so that they can learn any song for free!
The beta version was released in mid December and saw over 20,000 downloads in just one day, when the app was made free. The upgraded version was released on March 23, 2013 and has been downloaded over 30,000 times in just 3 days. The app is free for a limited period!
String Wars creates a level based game for every song, helping users learn song in a step-by-step manner, which makes the experience fun and easy. The user can choose the track that she wants to practice. The game experience is improved drastically by switching on the backing tracks – bass and drum – played in the background. The app has interesting social features. Once a user becomes proficient in a song, she can challenge other players and share the played music with her friends.
The app is a great learning tool for self learners. Also, it provides a huge value to teachers and parents to provide exercises to students and kids, and keep a track of their performance. This is not just another app, but a buddy and a guide!
* Evaluate real guitar music: State-of-art sound technology to evaluate real guitar music just by listening
* Read user’s tablature files: The software can read guitar-pro tab files so that users can create their own tablatures (.gp2, .gp3, .gp4). The backing tracks such as bass, drums are played in the background
* Play the sheet music: It allows the user to listen to the music to get a sense of the melody, rhythm and scale before playing the song on guitar
* Multiple learning modes: The user can use various learning modes such as adaptive mode – changes tempo as per user performance; stop of the wrong play – waits for the user to play the right note; user can also change the speed and difficulty level of the song
English, Chinese, Danish, Spanish
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* iRig (or similar equipment) with an electric Guitar. Nothing with an acoustic guitar.
* 49.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
String Wars 2.5 is free for a limited time and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.